Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Whats Yellowknife Like so far?

People keep asking me this. So I will answer in some generic format. I havent really had a chance to get out and enjoy the city what with the -30 C temperature and the moving into my new apartment.

But, heres what I do know. This place has everything you might need - from Crappy tire to Walfart, its all here. Groceries cost about the same as back home (except for cheese, meat and produce which are a little more). Beer at the bar is like drinking in toronto for prices so far as I can tell - yet to find somewhere cheap.

People are nice, services like cable or internet are more expensive. And when stores know that you have no choice but to buy from them (i.e. furniture stores) they charge more.

The city looks nice, its got some tall buildings, small buildings, lots of lakes and trees. I will post some photos when I get some good ones.

More questions let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home