Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

King of the Castle or King of the Hill?

How about both? Today began very sloooowww and I wasn't planning on doing a damn thing. That all changed when I got a call from a coworker greg who was interested in seeing some sites and slogging through some snow.

We went to see the snow castle on Big Back bay near the Old Town that some artist constructs each year. That was cool. Then we drove out the ingraham trail and went slogging through waist deep snow to climb some hills and look around. The forest around here is so sparse with no real undergrowth that the hiking should be absolutely amazing (save for the bugs which will be anything but) if the snow ever dissapears.

So what follow are some castle and hill pictures. But first, here's a freaky bird. I'm off to do nothing now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your St. Patty's Day idea is very appropriate. That would get me out of the house...

Never stuck,
Joe

4:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home