Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Saturday, March 25, 2006

What about the dogs?

The dogs like to run. The race that I couldnt remember the name of is the Idideron... or something like that. After this run, and the other run, someone qualifies for it. Today I went back to the Carnival for to watch some events. And watch I did. Saw some motocross on the ice and some snowcross on the snow. Saw native handgames and got much snow in my boots. It was a bit colder today so not much meltwater to contend with.

Its actually a pretty cheesy event. But something to do. Tomorrow there is an ugly truck competition. I have high hopes for it. In any event here are some pictures from today.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Today I went back to the Carnival for to watch some events."


Ha ha, I read this and immediately thought of Ricky from Trailer Park Boys.

"I have 80 dollars for to say you'll babysit Trinity."

7:00 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

If only I were that cool. There are lots of trailer parks up here though.... hmmmm...

9:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben, the dogsled race you're trying to spell (let alone refer) is the Iditarod: http://www.iditarod.com/

In a nutshell, it's a race from Anchorage NW to Nome, and it has quite a history. It became legendary especially for being the lifeline for diptheria-stricken citizens of Nome in 1925.

10:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you know this but a polar bear can smell you from 23 miles away, They are also the only animal in Canada that will hunt humans for food. watch your back at the carnival.

3:26 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

Are you implying that I smell?

Polar bears are coastal animals... i'm waaaaay inland. Thats why its the 'caribou carnival' and not the 'polar bears eating people carnival'... as near as i can tell.

We do get grizzly bears in town I hear. And ive been advised to carry bear mace when I bike trails in the summer.

4:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do kinda smell...perhaps it's a polar bear aphrodesiac you're wearing. You really should shower sometime before you get molested by a large white bear that's travelled thousands of kilometres to be with you.

10:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every good line I wanted to use has been used. Shoot.

12:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home