Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, April 02, 2006

You have a window?

Yeah, I moved into a spacious corner office. When someone leaves the city it's open season on their office. So now I have a corner office with a window. But its an interior corner and my window faces the hallway. But its better than just having two doors like my last office. Today an interior window, tomorrow an exterior window and then the world.

This weekend was shaping up to be a relaxed weekend of nothingness. Made sure that beer and TV still work well together on fridays, which they do. Saturday ended up with a 3 or 4 hour tour onto the great slave lake. Its like a highway for skidoos. Youll see, theres pictures.

After that hike I was ridiulously tired. There had been another party the night before that woke me up a few times.... so I was pretty much ready to have an early night - how lame is an early night? So, while thinking on and depoloring my quiet weekend night circumstances my phone rang and I was notified of some happenings at a place called the White Fox. So, off I went, exhausted and all. Co-incidentally enough I saw 2 foxes on my way to the bar.

So, now I am ridiculously tired and once I hit the couch that will be it for the day.

Here's pictures.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't get too worked up over an exterior window. Wouldn't it only be useful for half of the year anyways?

6:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i cant believe how flat the place is.. lake still cold enough to walk on? freaking snowed here last night.. ridiculous! congrats on the interior window.. but careful now, people can spy on u :P

1:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot - Paul stole my line :(

Um...how are you?

7:57 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

At the worst theres a few hours of sunlight at least. So you get to see the sunrise around 10 or 11am and set at 3 or so. Thats why windows are good.... and its all about status.

Status! If they gave me an exterior window i'd have to have a second office for my ego.

8:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home