Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Monday, May 22, 2006

Was your 24 better than mine?

Likely. This long weekend paraded in front of me demanding to be used. It shouted and screamed but all I did was lay about, go biking, break and subsequently fix my bike, drink beer and bbq, wallow about on a rainy saturday, become listless and go for a hike on a grey sunday.

As I write I should stop listening to depressing music... "Sigur Ross? You make me waaaay tooooo zooooned ooouuut."

So, there is no snow but there is no sun for the clouds. Today's temp made it down to 3C but the weather page said it felt like -1c. Its weekends like this when I miss the sunny days of yore at cottages of friends in Ontario. Also, on the topic of yesteryear - one year to this day saw me in sunbaked Florence trying my best not to come home.

I went biking this weekend at the X-country skiclub and took the wrong trail which deadended at the back bay on great slave lake. I had to climb a 100ft cliff/hill with my bike. Apparently, in the winter the lakes freeze and you can ski across them. Not so in the spring, but i did manage to only fall off once. Also, ran into a fox while biking (figuratively). It would run then stop until i got too close and then run again. Did this for a while and then just decided to keep on going.

Everyone keeps telling me not to get into a fight with the bears here. I keep telling them I dont intend to. Also, given how we start summer hours at work tomorrow I like to talk about how I will be a half hour late every day until they switch back in the fall.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find this eminently appropriate:
http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/011904/sigur-ros-fan-club.gif

8:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I think mine was.

9:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, Where's the girls? I know there are girls in Yellowknife. I want stories about Ben and the girls. Forget the bike and beer try girls. You might feel better.

4:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home