Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, May 07, 2006

What are ya?

Tired.

Went for a 4hr hike up and down some big hills and ultimately to Cameron Falls. But that was not before being out friday and saturday nights staying out past my non-existant bedtime. Compounding the problem is that sleeping has become an impossibility.

So, it catches up. Especially since its so hard to convince myself to go to sleep. Its light so late at night its difficult to make myself sleep even if im tired because its still nice out and in the morning it feels like 11am because it is so bright but its only 8 when i get up. It usually involves me arguing with myself until I am too tired to think of any possible reason to stay up and so go to bed. I am not complaining about this, but I will complain when I have to start summer hours at work, i.e. show up at 8am, after may 24.

Saturday night after the bar I came home and climbed a big rock out back of my apartment. This is more like a hill that just happens to be a rock... its big is what Im trying to say. Anyway, climbed and took pics at 2am as posted below.

Speaking about work, because I was. I dont really remember what I did at work this week. It must have been superimportant though, because I dont do anything that is not, obviously. I do remember that the first part was ok and then it got better and then it was over.

Not speaking about work, because I wasn't. I joined a softball team, get my bike from the shop this week, probably sold my jeep (probably because i still have it), need to do my laundry, and am glad im not working in toronto right now (ask me again in october when its -40c).

The following pictures are taken from todays foray into the sort of wild wilderness of a relatively beaten path. Greg and I decided that since I still have my wheels we should drive down the ingraham trail to cameron falls to see what there is to see. So see what we saw in the pictures below. The ingraham trail is like the cottage country of yellowknife.

Thats all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you selling your Jeep?

12:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cause there's nowhere to go up there...right Ben?

5:32 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Is it bigger than the rock you climbed one year ago (almost to the day) with Alvin?

9:39 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

Yeah, theres nowhere to go and i walk everywhere... plus id rather spend the money on something more fun than filling my parking space.

Not as big as that rock.... nor as scottish.

11:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks bad there Ben...I asked Greyhound in Edmonton today, and they're saying "in another week, I hope." So if I do make it up there, it probably won't be on a weekend.... Anyways, just a heads-up on what Greyhound is thinking.

Also, is it just me, or is this word verification thing really hard to read sometimes? I know that's probably intentional, but it's somewhat annoying. Not as annoying as spam, but....

11:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seasonal ferry service on Highway 3 near Fort Providence will resume on Friday, May 12. The service will operate on a daily, on-demand schedule from 6 a.m. to midnight. Travelers are advised that intermittent interruptions in service may occur with little or no notice due to ice flows. Motorists are advised to drive slowly and carefully when driving on or off the ferry because landings are soft and slippery. Travelers are strongly advised to check on the status pf ferry crossings beforehand by calling the Department of Transportation's toll-free line at 1-800-661-0750.

Yahooo

2:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to add: It remains to be seen if Greyhound will actually run...but this is very very good news.

2:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home