Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Monday, August 28, 2006

I am back.



This dog exemplifies how hot it was in Greece. That place is a desert. Having got back home in one piece saturday night, I am still wickedly jetlagged. Go to bed at 9 wake up at 5am. Tons of fun. Also I am enjoying working again.... serisouly I am lots, really having fun cant stop.

Greece trip was good, hot, lots of scenery, beaches, columns, ruins, wine, beer, cocktails, tatziki (sp? - i ate it didnt spell it), salad (Greek, but they dont call it that - actually they do, i wonder what would happen if i just asked for salad?), fried squid, boats, planes, sunglasses and a hat.

I slept on a roof in Plakias in Crete for 2 nights... i wasnt overly impressed as due to some meteorologic phenomenon there were crazy winds constantly all night and day the entire time I was on the islands. The mountains in crete funnel the winds straight onto the roof making them strong enough to pick your legs up while you are sleeping. Here's a lovely video of me waking up and not being impressed.



Notice that I'm not impressed.

Lots of stories... In Athens i turned left instead of right out of my hostel and within 2 minutes was the only white tourist among over a thousand indian men... one of whom tried to grab my camera from my hand... however, being super of speed i was too quick by half. He then asked to see my camera, and being the curious type I asked why. The indian guy standing next to him looked at and said "No. Do not let him see your camera" in a very indian accent. So I just decided to leave the sketchy area.

Other stories get to wait as I am in need of some serious sleep. Going from sunny and 40C to rainy and 12C takes some adjustment and makes me want to sleep, not to mention the jetlag which is phenomenal.

Had some great times in toronto. Ill let Jasons blog fill you in on those (LINK), though I did post a couple of compromising pictures at the end of the Greece ones.

As for the Greek pics.. they are in relatively little order as I have relatively little method to my madness. AHHOOOGATBBBADBA - see? Mad. Enjoy, im going to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

In case it scrolls off the top... here is the permalink for the blog entry detailing the night that Ben was in Toronto.

11:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home