Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Party to Loud!

Some things must be loud. A good party is one of them. Security may not enjoy this fact but who cares. Security is there to keep me safe. It gives me no sense of safety that I received a NOISE WARNING. Now they are watching us with their beady eyes and binoculars. The notice was delivered At around 11:45 by a surly security guy who spoke 3 words – “Are you the tenant?”. He had epaulets with stripes or stars so I’m pretty sure he was a general or something. He was a bit of a dink. I figure that to send the General the rental company must consider a good party to be tremendously heinous.

At opposites with the company, we consider this notice to be a pretty good thing. This is like getting an official commendation for having a good party and a sign of success.

As you can see from the “Details” section of the notice the General doesn’t do grammar. So I don’t respect his authority and this document would most definitely not hold up in court. We took the literal translation of this “Detail” to mean that we had to reach the destination of Loud with our Party because we weren’t there yet (it reads Party to Loud). By that I mean that we were to “Party (until we got) to (the place) Loud” - wherever that might have been. This was not a problem and we found Loud at the bottom of a gin bottle and then moved from the apartment to the Raven (a.k.a. Dirty Bird) - which was dirty as always.

Basically Mark and I spent the entire weekend getting ready for the party and then today recovering from a hangover that feels like someone beat me all over with a hose full of marbles, spending extra time on my kidneys.

What did you do this weekend?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that rent-a- general didn't stop the rock..

I've been reading your blog over the last couple of days and was wondering if you'd be interested in writing some stuff for YKatNite.com. If you haven't heard of it YKatNite.com is a local entertainment site with reviews and event listings. I've just finished a redesign and am looking for some people to contribute. drop me an e-mail at aaron@ykatnite.com if you're interested.

2:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! They're gonna make you into a journalist! (and all you had to do was get wasted.)

I'd say it looks like you (minus the kidneys) are having fun.

Cheers

10:01 PM

 
Blogger strangers in the night said...

does it bother anyone else that there was a grammatical err in that warning?

2:24 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I went to Toronto, then Kingston, then Ottawa. Then I got cold and tired and came home. There was four feet of snow on the ground.

8:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home