Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, March 26, 2006

How about that Party?

Yeah that must have been a special party.... or a special people party. I woke up about 3am to someone swearing and shouting at someone else. So, laying there I soon understood that someone two or three doors down from me was having a party. It also became clear that someone was now playing the role of a conscientious objector to their early morning noise by telling them where to shove their speakers and what they could do with themselves.

So I watched about 15 people leave out the front of the apartment - all carrying 40s of spirits or beers and decidedly native. With the quiet I went back to sleep, the whole affair having taken 20 minutes or so.

At 5:30am i was again awaken by the sound of someone quite firmly telling somone else to do things which will not be repeated here. Screaming went on for 10 minutes and soon quite a chorus of profanity was flowing down the halls of my apartment. Another 15 people left the building shortly after this.... arms full of booze. By this point the novelty had worn off and I was basically just annoyed. Then they stood and drank in the street for 20 minutes.

Today I noted that the door to the front of the apartment was smashed up..... i guess the camera and 'you are on camera' signs no deterrent to stupidity.

But whatever... Maybe I'll have a party before I leave this place and piss everyone off too. You're all invited.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So instead of getting annoyed, why didn't you just go join them? C'mon, you don't seem to have anybody to hang out with there...may as well crash some parties.

10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home