Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Was that a poor 25$ investment?

So, haircuts are 25$ for a bad one at a cheap barber's. I'm not sure how much good ones cost, but maybe the bowl they put on your head is a clean one. Take a litte off translates to shave me bald in northspeak. Now the wind is even colder.

I'm going to have to start finding a wider variety of things to do while im here or I run the risk of becoming bored. As fun as walks are, they aren't much. So for today's attempt at time killing I went on a walk down the southern portion of the city and out towards one of the two decommissioned mines. Here are some pictures - enjoy (that's an order).

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cant believe you actually still go for walks in -30... ure crazy! :P take a pic of ur new hair.. i would like to see :)

just a couple of more months before summer hits, then u'll have loads to do! guess what? i talk to my friend chris yesterday (from ryerson) and his gf lindsey from waterloo said she met you. haha.

we misses you.

8:50 AM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

its not that bad actually (the hair) i sometimes exagerate.... but its not good, dont get me wrong.

I know too many lindsays (unless shes a planner a year younger than me) to know which one dates a guy from ryerson - but its nice to know people still talk about me.

When you coming to visit? Or do i have to go to Hong Kong?

10:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'll definitely be coming to visit, probably first week of May. Now that I know where I'm working and when I start, I can say that for sure.

I'll pick up Paul's mug for him, and Jermy's eggs. Maybe some others can join me (or try to arrive at the same time).

You should still show us your new stylin' hair, though, so we can all laugh.

4:32 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

About time someone comes to visit me! Your mission is to steal my flask from those dirty mingers at unit 62 and bring it to me.

5:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I get a job, and don't have to start work 'til June I'd meet up with Phil and come visit you sometime in May. But those are a lot of ifs.

7:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't want to spell my name wrong again, so I guess I decided to be anonymous.

7:43 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

Do one better - get a job up here: www.jobsnorth.ca/ www.nnsl.com http://www.gov.nt.ca/FMBS/jobopps/JobOpportunities.html

8:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home