Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Where's the Easter Bunny at?

Do your own math - Bunnies are white (the easter one's anyway). It's snowing. Snow is white. So, I don't know where that camoflaged bunny is at. For the record: if and when the Easter bunny is determined to be real, it should be noted that I would not have been able to see it on this easter long weekend were it in fact in Yellowknife as it would be under snow. So, when you ask me if I saw the easter bunny on this weekend in yellowknife... well, dont even ask.

You may have inferred that it's snowing and has been all day. You would be right. I was mostly ok with this, until my cable stopped working. Most cable/internet is satellite based up here... so, it would appear that when the snow reaches a critical mass the reception stops. I am mostly ok with this in that I don't mind that it's snowing, but not so ok when I hear of the nice sunny patio weather back home Ontario way and when my cable goes out.

Spring here is a lot like winter back home. The temperature reaches a reasonable range, such that it no longer hurts to be exposed to the wind. And it seems to snow a lot more than in the colder, deeper parts of winter. We again have slush, mud and dirt everywhere. Dog crap piled up for the better part of a year begins to unleash an olfactory assault, and I write a report on kennels as a land use.

Today's grey day was introduced by a different grey day and will hopefully change to something more brilliant at some point like tomorrow. I think I am going out tonight. In fact I had better go out tonight... I'm kind of bored.

That's all. I'm still going to take pictures of some trailers, just when its not nasty out.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Double digit patio weather in Waterloo.

A bunch of us (Nat, Lindsay, Craig, Rich, Trill, Caroline) got together on Thursday.. we think you'll be back for convocation.

We'll see ya soon :)

9:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there , snow cant last too long! if ure back for convo, u better look me up cuz ill be in the loo suffering for my last term :( have fun with phil when he comes to visit!

11:49 AM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

Yeah, so the chances of me actually making it all the way back there for convo are infinitesimally small.

6:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful weather. To wit: we were able to demolish a keg and about 40 hamburgers on thursday...funded mostly by beer return money. Last fall's beer-drinking is still paying dividends. How's your day?

10:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, I was stuck on a train the entire weekend. Actually it was incredibly nice, and I'd do it again in a second.

Also, it hailed here in Portland today.

Oh, and don't forget the 54 beers besides (your two 24's that you got, and my 6 Darks that were left). 'twas a good time...by the way, the photos are now up on my site.

7:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it, it was probably closer to 70. We had a lot of other beer in the house, and now none.

10:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sympathize with your loss of cable. Today a man from the cable company came and told us they were working on the cable lines. He then asked Teehan if we wanted him to leave our cable on. Fearing a trick question (or at the least an attempt to elicit a bribe) he said no since we're moving out soon. 10 seconds later our wonderful cable was gone. Those bastards.

On the bright side I'm done school forever.

9:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have it on good authority that Alice in Wonderland's rabbit is this year's Easter Bunny.We all know what that means,right? So Ben don't give up hope.

1:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home