Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Monday, May 29, 2006

I have to??

Play ball tonight at 9pm. The fields here have no lights, because it will be light until after 11 anyway. Imagine that. It doesn't get dark it gets dim.

No post yesterday because I was working on my Masters applicaton. I have jumped through hoop 1 of 4 at work to get this thing rolling and approved. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here to approval of my funding.

This weekend was nice on saturday so i went biking for hours and hours. Toured around some hiking trails, beaches, and a territorial park. No pics because i cant take my camera as gravity is a bitch and i always lose my fights with it by repeatedly falling on my face. Sunday also went biking.

Friday night was my slo-pitch teams 1st game. We lost 2-22. Yes we are that good. I had a 100% batting average and account for 50% of this seasons score for my team. Yes I am that good. Tonight maybe we'll do better? I doubt it. But how we could do worse Im not sure.

This coming friday/saturday I am volunteered for the Relay for Life. I hate that sort of thing and would rather just give money. Its me, 1 other guy, and a bunch of middle aged women from work and we have to run/walk/canter/trot/or otherwise travel around a track for 11 hours starting at 7pm (We do get to take turns however). For this i give up my friday night.

I say "I am" volunteered as I had no choice in the matter and now have to beg for donations. So, because you feel bad for me and want to contribute to cancer research you should make a pledge online for me at http://www.cancer.ca/relayforlife/0,3707,153958574,00.html and if that doesnt work try www.cancer.ca and follow the links.

So as I mentioned, no pictures but you can give me money for cancer. And I am a liar.... here's a picture.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any MILFs amongst those who coerced you into 'volunteering'? Maybe they had something else in mind.

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home