Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Monday, August 07, 2006

Props to my soap.

I would like to take this opportunity to give credit where it is due. Its gone too long without. Im talking about my soap. Ive been using this dishsoap since I moved here... thats 7+ months now. Best 3$ ive spent lately... if only my beers lasted as long.

Hearings and presentations for the mackenzie valley pipeline are going on in town lately. It really shows the stratification of the society up here in the knife. Lots of hardcore green supporters living in old town.

I just found out that the archaic form of airline tickets is still in use by olympic air, who failed to notify me that i had to fax them something before they would mail my tickets. So tomorrow AM I will be giving them hell until they courier them to me overnight (if thats possible to yellowknife). Who uses real paper tickets anymore? So as of now, i have tickets here to frankfurt.... and then back from amsterdam to toronto and to here. Greece? not so much and 4 days to get the to here.

The frame for my degree arrived and will be put up at work so i can try and pull together whatever shreds of professionalism i have so i can slack off more....

This weekend was spent entirely at the beach. Perfect weather, too much sun and random parties with random kegs. Lots of fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog Ben, your descriptions of Yellowknife are very accurate.

How are the Dillon Ballwackers doing? Have fun in Greece.

There is a small chance i'll be flying back up there for visit this winter.

Charlie

10:09 AM

 
Blogger MARK said...

it doesnt count if you eat off dirty plates

8:16 PM

 
Blogger NorthofYou said...

Let me know if your headed up here Charlie... and as for dirty plates - if its food that was on them and food that is going on them, i fail to see a problem.

9:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home