Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What has gone before and What is yet to come +1 rum and coke.

Calgary countdown = 2 mornings and im outta here. That'll be a nice 1700km drive.

As for this past weekend we had some glorious, albeit cold, windy weather. If we were talking you might ask me if it were good enough for ice fishing. I might say it was. You could ask how I knew. I would respond that its primarily because I went and dug through 4 feet of ice and didnt catch anything.
Apart from some ice fishing i engaged in some celebratory travels to the city's fine taverns. Being celebrated was a friends 3rd anniversary in Yellowknife. For your visual sensory engagement see ice fishing only pics below. No photo proof of my wanton debauchary this week. Thatll have to wait until im back from calgary.
Lee-ann auguring.

Making holes.


My turn to bore.



Mark and Lee-ann waiting for fish.



We had a bet that either canned minnows or canned marshmallow bait would do the trick. No one won as we didnt catch anything. We need a deeper lake.







These are canned minnows from canadian tire. They smelled pretty good so we ate some.



Lee-ann drinking from a giant scotch bottle.

Frozen canadian tire minnow.

This weeks beer commercial.

Lounging while waiting for fish who never came.

This is what i wear to black tie events in YK.




2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Once again, as always, "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" is airing on Fox tonight. Once again, I get drunk and laugh excessively at it. And, once again, I think almost exclusively of you.

You being my ST:TUS supplier and all.

Now let's get the Swiss cheese and take it from the top. Ron. Bitch.

7:15 PM

 
Blogger dk2852 said...

did you really eat those minnows?

11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home