Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I am so sad...

That Ive decided not to go to NYC with all you friends from U.Waterloo. I just couldnt rationalize the 2000$ in airfare. I'm only leaving here at xmas it looks like... and hopefully then for a good three weeks at least.

This place begins to grow small at times, but then you relize that there is a lot that is left undone and yet to do. So, its still ok. I had today off work a sit was Aboriginal Day which more or less coincides with the solstice.... There was some sort of event in a park near the downtown... not entirely exciting but i ended up driving down the ingraham trail and going biking at Prelude Lake Park... and then played ball and went the the bar... summer here is fun, its just too bad i have to work tomorrow.

Given that its always light out, I miss the night time. I havent seen stars in months. Its amazing having endless summer sunny days to do with as you will.... but it would be nice here and there to enjoy a summer night. Since its light its easy to lose track of time.... 1130 seems like 8pm. Weird and not conducive to sleeping.

Also, of interest is that I graduated officially last week. Here are a couple links to friends pictures of said event.... i managed to represent myself there in some form as you'll see: http://jtsang.blogspot.com/2006/06/convocation-pictures.html and http://joenethery.blogs.com/photos/convocation/index.html.

Few pictures this week as all i did was bike a lot...however, there is one but it sucks because the cat isnt in it..... crows were attacking a cat who was sitting on the walkway ignoring them.

Anyway... thats it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have a few extra beers in NY for you, which shouldn't be hard because they're American beers.

7:42 PM

 
Blogger Jason said...

Ben sighting...

4:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha baby duck rules! i cant go to NYC either :( im waiting for u to come see me in asia...... so u better come

1:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home