Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Where am I going?

To a different apartment. Finally and at the start of next month. Tomorrow I am looking at new and better buildings -hopefully child free and not so idiotsyncratic. Looks like a friend is coming up to experience the north so itll be a 2bdrm place which means theres tons more options of places to live. This one place has a rooftop patio but is expensive... despite the short summer season here, it would be nice to have a patio or balcony.

I got home from the relay for life on friday around 4am and was sitting around getting ready to get ready to go to bed and someone was throwing a huge tantrum in some apartment on my floor. Shouting the same stupid thing over and over again. What type of jackass throws a 4am shouting tantrum in an apartment? Its the type of situation that makes me want to hand out drop kicks like candy on halloween. And maybe I would have if I wasnt so sore from running around a track all night.

Note to self: dont live in this building again.

On a different note, I am covered in mosquito bites. Tried to go for a hike the other day and sort of did. Went down a trail to a lake, swatting away at mosquitos and blackflies - made it to the lake eventually. Stopped moving and all you could hear was a buzzing noise like a distant plane - never heard anything like it before. Unfortunately, there was no plane, this sound was made by the thousands on thousands of mosquitos out thirsting for my blood. I think i must have fed a couple hundred of them.

I was supposed to play softball today, but we got rained out. So today was spent watching a Band of Brothers marathon and trying to sell my jeep. I got 3 calls over the weekend from serious souding people. Maybe it will go soon!! That would be nice as I am looking forward to purchasing a beater car - something with some real character and rust.

Below you will find some pictures from my saturday of an animal, boats, and i forget what else - maybe thats it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home