Accounts of living in Yellowknife (a work in progress, this site and my life)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Mosquitos...

travel in herds. A herd of mosquitos is a scary thing. Playing softball this week was difficult as when you stood still long enough for the ball to be pitched so you could hit it a dozen bugs would attack your eyes. The other thousand would be obscuring your view of the ball and making a picnic of you. Coming in off the field with everyone meant brining in a veritable could of mosquitos and blackflies. My new friend lives in a can and is affectionately called bug spray.

The bugs mean fewer hikes until they die off somewhat.... ive got more bites than i can count. So more biking, meaning fewer pictures for now.

What else is new? Its still light out late. Got a new director (boss) at work. Going to try and move this coming weekend. Ive been here 6 months as of today. That is a long time for someone who hasnt spent more than 4 months in any one place for the past 3+ years thanks to the waterloo co-op program. As long as work stays interesting, things keep changing, im having fun, and I manage to ignore the isolation factor... all will be well.

I think i am convocating in absentia this coming week. Soon i will have another piece of paper from which to make an airplane or hang in my office or both. I hope the ceremony is incredibly boring for those who attend (which will make me feel better for not going) and that the partying is very good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sumayyah said...

As a newcomer to Yellowknife (1 month), I too have become friends with bug spray. I was at a bbq the other day and I am not sure who ate better, the bugs or me...

2:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben, you are about the miss the greatest convocation EVER. Suck it, suck it dry.

3:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed a great convocation.

Pipe and a crepe

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home